Who are we?
Gaustablikk Fjellresort is an icon in the Norwegian hospitality scene; overlooking the arguably most beautiful mountain peak Norway has to offer, it is a one-of-a-kind hotel with a unique atmosphere where nature truly meets nurture. Just before the winter 2021/2022 the first phase of a larger redevelopment plan was completed, covering public areas as restaurants, bar and lobby, while the hotel rooms were finished the next autumn. Since the initiation of the redevelopment Swedish Star Chef Melker Andersson is heading the Culinary division, bringing exciting menus and concepts to the Resort in team with Stefan Gullberg, who is curating the ambitious Wine Cellar.
In all, we are an international, driven, passionate team bringing the magic of Gaustablikk into the future, and we are now looking for the right colleagues to join us on this journey, are you maybe the one(s) we are looking for, and are you ready for the adventure?
What is the job?
As a waiter/waitress in one of the resorts restaurants/bars your job will include (but not limited to):
- Opening/closing of outlet areas and preparations in connection with this
- Being an ambassador of the resort, greeting and interacting with guests
- Welcoming guests to the restaurant/bar, guiding them to suitable seating as per specific outlet procedure
- Taking orders for food and beverages as per specific outlet procedure
- Entering orders of food and beverages in the POS system
- Serving orders of food and beverage
- Collect correct payment accordingly
- Ensure our guests leave with a smile and a wish to come back
- Support your colleagues in other areas of the resort as needed, “Team Work Makes The Dream Work”
- Adhere to the hotels procedures and routines as well as local laws and regulations regarding hygiene, serving legislation regarding food and beverage, especially alcohol, as well as other applicable regulations
Who are you?
At Gaustablikk we are proud of offering genuine and friendly hospitality in an upscale yet unpretentious environment. As a part of the team, you will be constantly meeting and interacting with guests, and we do believe you have a high energy, engagement, and curiosity. While experience is valued, we believe personality and attitude cannot be taught. When you join the team at Gaustablikk we put our trust of the guest experience in your (and your colleagues’) hands, which means key personality traits would be dedication, flexibility, a habit to excel in busy teams in fast paced environments, and a natural interest to learn and develop yourself.
Here in the mountains, who you are outside of work is as important as who you are at work for your wellbeing, and we believe you are an outdoorsy person, not necessarily extremely sporty, but someone who appreciates the serenity of the nature and like to be outdoors and go hiking, biking, skiing, snowboarding, or just walking. Camping, hiking to a sleepover cabin or mountain hotel, or just pickniking, whatever your preferences are, the opportunities are many!
What are your skills?
- You communicate effectively in English; a Scandinavian language is a bonus but not a necessity
- You have experience of working with people and customer service, preferably with “guest” as we see them in the hospitality sector
- Preferably at least 1-2 years of restaurant and/or bar experience, even better if in a hotel, however who you are is more important, and a café or coffee shop could be as valuable if you carry the right attitude and spirit
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to be part of an amazing team in an exciting and expanding phase for the resort
- Salary in line with the collective agreements
- Possibility of renting accommodation through resort
- Possibility of full board with warm meals
- Depending on season and working agreement, ski pass while contract lasts (2 months at an effective 75% position would cover the entry requirements)
- Discounts on rooms, activities, rentals, and food in the hotel and resort restaurants
- Some of the most beautiful nature and environment Norway has to offer
Recruitment is ongoing as we are a full year destination with several seasons at Gaustablikk, and we are looking forward for your CV, both for an earlier starting date, or for more future opportunities!
The main seasons are winter (Dec-end to April) and summer (mid June or beginning July to August/September), however positions continuously opens as we are a large and expanding team, and we are looking forward to hearing from you any time of the year!
Commencement of the position will be by agreement. Suitable candidates will be called in continuously. The position reports to the Restaurant Manager at Gaustablikk Fjellresort.
By submitting an application, you agree that Gausta will handle your personal information during the recruitment period.