Ski lift attendant
For the winter season 2023/2024, we are looking to strengthen our team of lift attendants at Gausta Ski Resort. We are now searching for a smiling and friendly individual with excellent communication skills, who can make each guest feel warmly welcomed and well taken care of at the ski resort. You aspire to create pleasant moments with our guests as they board and disembark from the lifts. As a part of Gausta Ski Resort's lift attendant team, you will be our foremost ambassador for Gausta Ski Resort.
Gausta Ski Resort consists of 13 lifts, 37 slopes, children's areas, two terrain parks, ski rental, and ski school. As an employee at Gausta Ski Resort, you will have varied workdays. We are a well-knit team looking for new colleagues for busy workdays that also include lots of laughter and fun. If you are service-oriented, responsible, and in good spirits, you could be the right fit for our team. Our new employees will be hired as lift attendants.
Everyone on our team speaks a Scandinavian language, and you should too.
We work intensively during the season, so weekend and evening work should be expected throughout the winter.
About the position:
- Operate one of Gausta Ski Resort's 13 lifts, which can be a chairlift, T-bar, platter lift, or children's conveyor belt.
- Assist skiers getting on and off the lift.
- Communicate effectively with ski guests and always be ready to help.
- Be a responsible, safe, and visible figure in the ski resort. Stay updated on the latest weather and snow conditions, destination activities, and have the ability to seek information if you don't already have it to provide accurate information to guests.
- Be the face of Gausta and a great ambassador for the destination.
- Precise and professional in your duties. Safety always comes first.
- Generally good physical condition; you can expect to be on your feet a lot during your workday.
- You speak a Scandinavian language and have good communication skills in English.
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- It's an advantage if you ski or snowboard yourself, so you understand guests' needs. It's an advantage if you have experience as a lift attendant and/or in other service roles, but not a requirement. Training will be provided.
- It's an advantage if you have a Class B and S (snowmobile) driver's license, but not a requirement.
- You are a team player who enjoys being part of a dedicated and passionate team of skilled employees.
At Gausta, we are in an exciting phase with significant development potential. You can expect to have an inspiring and varied job with pleasant colleagues, competitive pay, and the possibility of accommodation and meals at the destination.
- A significant position at a rapidly growing and developing destination.
- A fantastic working environment with passionate and skilled colleagues.
- A unique mountain environment with a ski resort, world-class off-piste skiing, miles of cross-country ski trails, and proximity to the UNESCO World Heritage town of Rjukan. It is also just a 2.5-hour drive from Oslo.
- Salary according to agreement and qualifications.
- Favorable employee benefits with discounts and access to facilities at the destination, including a staff fitness room.
About the position:
Employer: Gausta Ski and Resort AS
Start date: By agreement
Salary: According to collective agreement
The start date for the position will be determined by agreement. Suitable candidates will be contacted continuously. The position reports to the Operations Manager of Gausta Ski Resort. For inquiries, please send an email to Jonas Hovden or call phone: +47 952 40 618.
Both shift and weekend work are included.
By submitting an application, you agree that Gausta will handle your personal information during the recruitment process